In this second part of the conversation Ben and Mark dig into how ecosystem thinking works in a multi-ethnic church.
You should listen to the first part of the conversation.
Loving God (especially on a Sunday)
- Think about who’s up front
- Think about how they are presented
- Consider different prayer styles
- Consider singing in different languages
- Use story telling
- When reading the Bible use 5 simple questions:
- Remember the gospel has different implications for different people
- People from some cultures will need multiple taps on the shoulder
- Run membership moments not courses
- Remember food is very important: quality and quantity
Deep in the Word
- Keep in mind names and illustrations
- Simplify and watch for too much detail
- Remember the importance of kids spots
Understanding the Ecosystem in our Framework ebook
Resources Ben and Mark Recommend:
Telling the Gospel Through Story by Christine Dillon
Changing Lanes, Crossing Cultures: Equipping Christians and Churches for Ministry in a Culturally Diverse Society by Andrew Philip Schachtel, Choon-Hwa Lim, Michael Kenneth Wilson
Discipling in a Multicultural World by Ajith Fernando
10 Things I have Learned About Culture by Ray Galea
Multi Cultural Ministry by Caleb Rosado
The Multi-Ethnic Church Hasn’t Lived Up To It’s Promise by Korie Little Edwards
25. 1 Transitioning Roles to Plant
Cross Cultural Reach Australia Podcast Episodes:
The One Thing is brought to you by Reach Australia.
For ideas or questions please email [email protected]
To support the Reach Australia Online Library head here.