It’s the time of year where we need to start planning 2024! Derek talks to Des Smith from Trinity Church Lockleys about how to plan out a preaching series:
- Is it the role of the senior minster or is this something that can be delegated?
- What are the principles we need when planning out a series and why smaller passages might be better?
- Why seasons of the year and genres of books matter when planning out series.
- Des will take us though his preaching plan for 2024 and why he did what he did
- What happens when we don’t plan?
- How tight we should hold to our plans?
- How our plan affects other aspects of church?
- Why outputs should be guiding our plan?
Des’ 2024 Plan (which might change!):
- Jan: Psalms
- February/ March: Book of Acts
- April: Is Anybody Out There? (God’s Revelation)
- May: Ruth
- June: Job
- July: The Doctrine of the Trinity
- August/ September: Romans
- Oct: 2 Thessalonians/ What Should I Do With My Life?
- November/ December: Book of Numbers
More on Preaching:
The One Thing is brought to you by Reach Australia.
For ideas or questions please email [email protected]
To support the Reach Australia Online Library head here.